From York Hackspace
- http://www.bitsbox.co.uk/ < great for small bits an pieces
- http://www.brimal.co.uk/ < great for a few things where bitsbox falls down
- http://www.sparkfun.com/ < awesome electronic stuff but based in USA (better to use a UK supplier)
- http://www.proto-pic.co.uk/ < offers most sparkfun products in the UK plus some more of their own stuff
- http://www.oomlout.co.uk/ < mostly arduino stuff, good starter kit
- https://www.adafruit.com/ < committed to open source & tutorials for all their stuff, but annoying to import directly - use a UK supplier if you can
- http://www.phenoptix.com/ < sells lots of adafruit stuff in UK, also lighting and LEDs
- http://www.kitronik.co.uk/ < wearable and educational kits with tutorials
- http://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/ < sells lots of sparkfun things and there own stuff, arduinos and robotics stuff, NETMF and Gadgeteer
- http://www.skpang.co.uk/ < huge selection, does some sparkfun and adafruit stuff, also Papilio FPGAs
- http://farnell.com/ < if you want bulk discounts. Colossal range of components and commercial products, not so good for open hardware hobbyist items
- http://www.technobotsonline.com/ < does electronics and mechanical/robotic/hardware stuff
- http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/ < a bit like proto-pic, sells some sparkfun stuff - also, local - they're in Wilberfoss on Hull Road, just east of York
- http://shop.ciseco.co.uk/ < big on wireless stuff and sensor stuff, home of the XRF radio modules - cheapest Xbee-socket modules (under £12)
- http://www.robot-electronics.co.uk/index.html < good stuff for robots
- http://robosavvy.com/site/ < more robot stuff and 3D printer stuff (their filament isn't bad)
- http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/ < lots of electronics stuff, laser cutting service, PCB making service - based in Shenzen
- http://www.bizoner.com/ < another mostly robotics
- http://www.servoshop.co.uk/ < huge selection of servos, super fast delivery
- http://www.active-robots.com/ < robot stuff plus controllers and sensors
- http://www.earthshineelectronics.com/ < more Arduino / sensors / servos / wireless etc
- http://www.mcustore.com/ < UK supplier for MikroElektronika kit, e.g. 320x240 TFT touch panels for £21
- http://stores.ebay.co.uk/4tronix-UK?_rdc=1 < 4tronix - loads of arduino stuff based in Sheffield I think.
- http://wiblocks.luciani.org/ - US based manufacturer of very low power arduinos with build in RF Chips
- http://www.toby.co.uk/ - Another UK based supplier of components
Please improve the descriptions if you can.
- http://www.kjnltd.co.uk/ - Extruded Aluminium cut to length.
- http://metaloffcuts.co.uk/ < Sheet metal in small quantities.
- http://blog.makerbeam.eu/ < small aluminium T-beam system for building frameworks for e.g. CNCs
- http://www.razorlab.co.uk/ < Ponoko-based laser cutting service
- http://www.eevblog.com/ - Loads of great videos on all sorts of electronics.
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpOlOeQjj7EsVnDh3zuCgsA - Adafruit Electronics
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DjFE7Xf11URZqWBigcVOQ - EEVBlog Electronics
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf11RYXIBsdJcJj8u5mKrCg - Evil Mad Scientist Maker
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiEk4xHBbz0hZNIBBpowdYQ - Jimmy Diresta - Wood and metalwork
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChtY6O8Ahw2cz05PS2GhUbg - Make Magazine
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBB7sYb14uBtk8UqSQYc9-w - Woodworking for mere mortals.
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChturLXwYxwTOf_5krs0qvA - The Ben Heck Show. Maker
- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKp44bWWZIiOPShPN_ytShw - The Wood Whisperer
- https://contextualelectronics.com/gtb-kicad-4-0/ - 10 Part tutorial on building a PCB design from scratch.
- http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/ < Good for beginners and pros. Lots of detail, useful also as a reference.
- http://www.electronics2000.co.uk/ < Also has good information, some useful calculators for when you can't be bothered converting things etc.
- http://electronicsclub.info/ < More good stuff if you want to learn about electronics.
- http://electronics.stackexchange.com/ < a place to ask questions, usually returns good answers. Part of the Stack Exchange group of sites