From York Hackspace
|Craft Robo vinyl cutter|
|Last updated||17 January 2018 23:28:09|
|Last updated by||Djabailey|
This was donated to the hackspace, it seems to work well with robocut
- Cuts A4 sheets (Or smaller, but must be at least 210mm to reach both rollers)
- Supported Materials: Paper, Card, Vinyl, various other thin sheet materials.
- Physical Dimensions: ~400x210x160mm
- Power Supply: 24v PSU
How to use
- Install robocut
- For linux users: add yourself to the `lp` group with `sudo adduser $USER lp`
- Connect the cutter to a USB port on your machine
- Insert your design in to the appropriate cutting template (found in `/usr/share/robocut/` on linux installations) using inkscape (or any other SVG editor)
- Load your design in robocut and press cut!
The hackspace has some sheets of vinyl in black and in red, on the bookshelf. You can use them if you like.