|The Hackspace is open for members (and members led) use only|
Please see the Contact for the latest info. We are meeting up weekly in a virtual sense.
Last Updated: 11 October 2021
Always check the latest Government Advice: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/covid-19-coronavirus-restrictions-what-you-can-and-cannot-do
Please tell a trustee if you take ill or test positive for Covid, so that they can notify anyone who has used the space after you; you will not be named
A QR code to use with the NHS app will be posted in the space
- Please continue to use the calendar so people can be aware if the space is occupied.
- If someone else is already booked for the same time, check with them first that they are comfortable sharing the space before booking
- Please do an at-home self test before arriving if you can. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/testing/regular-rapid-coronavirus-tests-if-you-do-not-have-symptoms/
- Allow time to clean up, tidy round and disinfect, so you do not overrun.
- Reserve 30 minutes before and after your slot to allow for “dead air” - you should be out of the space during these times.
- Don’t turn up without a booking.
- Knock on arrival. If someone is there, don’t go in, even if they have overrun.
- Think about the activities you will do
- Is there any heightened risk of infection with this task?
- Is there any heightened risk to self of using this equipment when alone?
- Are you able to sanitise the equipment?
- Might any equipment need maintenance - mention it in discord or email if you don’t know how
- Laser cutter water changes and alignment
- Bandsaw tension
- 3D printer cleaning / maintenance
At the space
- Tuck shop
- Thoroughly wash or sanitise your hands before using the tuck shop
- Don’t handle stock unnecessarily - especially cans
- Wipe down the phone / sumup if you touched them
- Don’t open Calculon for change
- Non-packaged sweets will be withdrawn
- The communal toilets and Kitchen are still closed please do not use them.
- Keep windows open if at all possible. Especially in the last 30 mins before you leave.
- Disinfect work surfaces and equipment before and after use
- Ensure touch points like window handles are cleaned too
- Leave the space at least as tidy as you found it
- Mention anything that’s running low on the mailing list or discord
- Remember some groups are at higher risk from Covid
- Use PPE where appropriate; e.g. masks, safety specs, gloves