From York Hackspace
The Hackspace is currently closed.
Last Updated: 17 Feb 2021
Provisional Information for when we re-open. Subject to agreement by the committee
- Only one (person/household/bubble) should be present at any time
- Book a reasonable slot in the calendar in advance
- (May be replaced by YCBM YouCanBook.me)
- Allow time to clean up, tidy round and disinfect, so you do not overrun.
- Reserve 30 minutes before and after your slot to allow for “dead air” - you should be out of the space during these times.
- Don’t turn up without a booking.
- Knock on arrival. If someone is there, don’t go in, even if they have overrun.
- Think about the activities you will do
- Is there any heightened risk of infection?
- Are you able to sanitize the equipment?
- Might any equipment need maintenance - mention it if you don’t know how, e.g.
- Laser cutter water changes and alignment
- Bandsaw tension
- 3D printer cleaning / maintenance
At the space:
- Wear a mask at all times.
- Tuck shop
- Thoroughly wash or sanitize your hands before using the tuck shop
- Don’t handle stock unnecessarily - especially cans
- Wipe down the phone / sumup if you touched them
- Don’t open calculon for change
- Non-packaged sweets will be withdrawn
- What is the situation with the kitchen and toilets? We think they are currently closed.
- Do people need to wear gloves for some things, e.g. to reduce transmission risks on hand tools?
- Keep windows open if at all possible.
- Disinfect work surfaces and equipment before and after use
- Ensure touchpoints like window handles are cleaned too
- Leave the space at least as tidy as you found it
- Mention anything that’s running low on the mailing list or discord
- Remember some groups are at higher risk from Covid
- Reusable PPE e.g. safety specs, gloves??
- Alarm panel??
Please tell a trustee if you take ill or test positive for Covid, so that they can notify anyone who has used the space after you; you will not be named
A QR code to use with the NHS app will be posted in the space