Becoming a Member
From York Hackspace
So, you want to become a member? Great! Being a member of York Hackspace gives both you and the hackspace a number of benefits. Here's the process.
- Come talk to us!
- Ideally, come along to one of our Open Evenings and talk to us in person. If you can't make it, drop us an email to the mailing list.
- The hackspace is what you and all other members make it. Although an in-person meeting isn't essential, knowing other members will help you get the very most out of the hackspace.
- Subscribe to our mailing list, and follow us on twitter
- Vital information will be distributed via the mailing list, so please keep an eye on it.
- Set up a standing order for membership fees.
- Membership is paid monthly, on the first of the month, ideally by standing order. Cash, cheque or Paypal can be taken, but are discouraged.
- Contact the treasurer (email treasurer comma york period hackspace period org period uk, currently David Court ) for bank details, or if none of these are suitable for you.
- Obtain keys if desired
- If you want 24/7 access, you'll need keys. We need a £25 deposit for a set of keys, which will be refunded when you return them.
- Please familiarise yourself with the instructions for locking/unlocking the building.
- Hack away!
- We look forward to seeing you at the space more :)